From neighborhood hidden gems to well-known hot spots, online review site Yelp has put together a list of the year’s “top 100 places to eat” in the Charlotte area.
To do so, Yelp looked at every local business in its food or restaurant category where a diner can eat a full meal. This includes eateries across the region, including the city of Charlotte as well as Cornelius, Davidson, Waxhaw, Matthews, Huntersville, Belmont, Concord, Rock Hill and Fort Mill.
Yelp measured the best spots by using an algorithm weighing the number of reviews and overall star rating.
While some fancy, upscale restaurants made the cut, such as The Fig Tree in Elizabeth (23) and Lumiere French Kitchen in Myers Park (41), the list also includes “strip mall surprises” and “gas station tacos,” says Yelp.
Below are Yelp’s top 25 places to eat in the Charlotte area. Click here to check out the full list.
- Chili Man: uptown
- The Dixie Pig: Rock Hill
- Kabab-Je Rotisserie & Grille: Matthews
- The Tasty Bowl Subs N Such: Steele Creek
- Little Village Grill: uptown
- Abugida Ethiopian Cafe & Restaurant: Plaza Midwood
- Zablong: uptown
- NoDa Bodega: NoDa
- Viva Chicken: Elizabeth
- Banh Mi Brothers: University area
- Le’s Sandwiches & Cafe: North Tryon/Sugar Creek area
- Crispy Banh Mi: South Boulevard area
- Kung Foo Noodle: Huntersville
- Royal Cafe & Creperie: Matthews
- Jasmine Grill: South Boulevard area
- Tamales La Pasadita: The Plaza area
- Fresh Chef Kitchen: Cornelius
- Tamarind Fine Cuisine Of India: Matthews
- Good Food on Montford: Montford area
- The Smoke Pit: Concord
- Be’s Noodles & Banh Mi: Ballantyne
- Tea Fusion Cafe: University area
- The Fig Tree Restaurant: Elizabeth
- Babushka’s Pierogi: Pineville-Matthews Rd area
- Inizio Pizza Napoletana: Providence Commons