2019 Memorial Day / Weekend Events In Charlotte
Start Date: May 23, 2019
End Date: May 28, 2019
2019 Memorial Day / Weekend Events Taking Place In & Around The Charlotte Area. Festivals, live entertainment, boat rides, fireworks, baseball, NASCAR, & more!
- Live music at USNWC: Sunday, May 26th, 9 a.m. until after dark. The U.S. National Whitewater Center’s Memorial Day Celebration kicks off with trail races at 9 a.m., and there is a charge for participating. However, live music by Ryan Montbleau and Anders Osborne is free, and so are the fireworks that follow. Parking is $6.
- Salute to the Services: Sunday, May 26th, 7 p.m., at Calvary Church, 5801 Pineville-Matthews Road. Free concert by Youth Orchestras of Charlotte, with members of Charlotte Symphony Brass.
- Circle K Speed Street Presented by Coca-Cola: Thursday, May 23rd, through Saturday, May 25th, in Uptown Charlotte. Live music, drivers’ appearances, kids activities, and much more. Note: The headlining concerts, in Romare Bearden Park, on Friday night (Brothers Osborne) and Saturday night (Styx) are not free this year. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 the night of the show.
- Mint Hill Madness: Friday, May 24th, through Sunday, May 26th. This festival features a parade, carnival, live music and kids’ activities. Admission is free. Rides, and some other activities, do have costs.
- Carowinds Military Days: Sunday, May 26th, and Monday, May 27th. Active, inactive or retired United States Service men and women with a valid military I.D. can get into Carowinds for free.
- Blue Star Museums: Several local museums participate in the Blue Star Museum program, which grants free admission to active military members and their families from May 18th (Armed Forces Day) through Labor Day.
- Memorial Day Ceremony in Huntersville: Monday, May 27th, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., join the Town of Huntersville at Veterans Park, 201 Huntersville-Concord Road, Huntersville, for the ribbon-cutting for this park, followed by the annual ceremony to honor our fallen troops.
- Freedom Festival in Lowell: Friday, May 24th, and Saturday, May 25th: At just 17 miles to the west of Charlotte, Lowell’s Freedom Festival is worth the visit for the live music, dinosaur shows and mobile gaming. Buy tickets or an armband for rides.
- Kannapolis Memorial Day Parade: Monday, May 27th, 11:30 a.m. After the parade there will be music by the Reggie Sadler Group, and a ceremony honoring the oldest living female WWII Marine vet.
- Memorial Day Oyster Roast at NoDa Company Store: on Saturday, May 25th, enjoy live bluegrass music from Tobacco Road Revival Band while you feast on oysters ($2 per oyster) from Oysters Carolina. Indulge in them raw or grilled with a butter/garlic/parmesan/parsley topping.
Please Like CH’s New Facebook Page! New Giveaways Coming Soon! www.facebook.com/charlottehappeningcom
Follow CH on Twitter! www.twitter.com/charlottehappen