Battle Slam Jam Aug 20th
Start Date: August 20, 2011
End Date: August 20, 2011
Time: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
The 6th Annual Battle Slam Jam Saturday August 20, 2011
Create Don’t Hate Productions in partnership with Nuthing Clothing Company &
Charlotte Mecklenburg Park and Recreations Present:
The 6th Annual Battle Slam Jam 2011 Saturday August 20 [rain date 8/27]
Charlotte’s 6th annual Battle Slam Jam experience takes place on Saturday, August 2o from 10AM to 6PM [rain date Saturday August 27] The Battle Slam Jam is a family event – rated E for everyone – and is FREE to the general public. Registration for all competitors in any category is $10*. The most eclectic arts and urban athletic event to hit the Queen City – don’t miss it!
*Registration for all competitors takes place from 10AM the day of event. Full gear required & waivers must be signed for all competitors.
Bike entries must be parked by 10am & stay until 6pm. Space is limited. Late registration for any category will not be permitted.
Witness the transformation of Grayson Skate Park into an outdoor showcase of the baddest, best and most beautiful urban artists, athletes and professional performers from North Carolina and beyond. A one of a kind event, Battle Slam Jam is the only all-inclusive community festival; all abilities, all ages, in all arenas of battle.
This year’s Battle Slam Jam promises to be the biggest ever, with multiple Skateboard contests, DJs, live bands, a B-boy/B-girl battle, Graffiti writing, Pop & Locking, and new this year * Comic Book Row- Hosted by Marcus Kiser of God City & Marius James of Wild Thrashers! Lets not forget our 4 legged friends, for them we have ‘ The Ugliest/Cutest Dog Contest’. Expert judges will award trophies & prize packs to all category winners. *Special Note; Tom Risser famed metal sculptor has hand crafted original metal skate board trophies for yet another year! Check the pics @ face book/bsj director.
Battle Slam Jam’s NACO award-winning format will include:
• An interactive 30 ft. art mural and hands-on aerosol techniques from infamous graffiti writers .
• Music and beats from DJ B [Columbia SC] DJ Quintillion, DJ Julio the Mexican, DJJojo Stubbs & more!
Special live performances by Pradigy GT, Elenora Fagan & Golden Pyramids & Jada Marie & dancers!
• ‘Pop Up’ stores from Nuthing Clothing, Gone Ape Apparel, and more!
2011 Sponsors include: Nuthing Clothing , WAT- AAH, Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation, Black Sheep Skate Shop, Bluz, Power 98 Radio Station, Fresh Exclusive Sneaker Boutique & Lady Promoter!
SPONSORSHIP & VENDOR OPPORTUNITIES NOW AVAILABLE get involved today!
This NACO-awarded event was honored to be shown at the Levine Museum’s Changing Places exhibit 09-10.
The unique goals of this all-inclusive, cutting-edge community performance event are to:
• Provide an alternative performance space for professional and emerging artists
• Validate and unite the athleticism and art forms of today’s urban street cultures
• Engage youth with activities they are excited about
• Provide a safe environment in which to encourage mutual respect and spark future cross-cultural collaboration
• Unite communities – inclusive of the expanding demographic changes in Charlotte and the Tri-State area.
• New- Chalk Art logo’s still available for purchase $100.00 for a 3 by 3 logo inside the skate park!
Now that’s a hot look!
For more information visit the website www.battleslamjam.com
Grayson Skate Park: 750 Beal St, Charlotte, NC
Or Donell Stines, CEO firstname.lastname@example.org